Cottey College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to abide by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Job openings are posted below under faculty, administrative, and hourly listings. Unless otherwise noted in a specific listing, all faculty and academic affairs staff inquiries and applications should be directed to:
Office of Academic Affairs
1000 W. Austin
Nevada, MO 64772
The phone number for the office is 417-667-8181, ext. 2128.
All administrative and hourly inquiries and applications should be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 W. Austin
Nevada, MO 64772
The phone number for the office is 417-667-8181, ext. 2103
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Cottey College, an independent, liberal arts and sciences women’s college in Nevada, Missouri, seeks a dynamic and experienced Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) to help the institution attain new levels of growth, achievement and distinction. The position is currently open and an appointment by July 1, 2014, is anticipated.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management supervises all recruitment functions including admissions, financial aid, identification of appropriate candidates, and communication with applicants and potential applicants. The VPEM will oversee a recruitment program that is national in scope with emphasis, as well, in the local area and in selected international locations. The VPEM reports directly to the President and serves on the President’s Council.
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. For a confidential discussion, interested parties may contact Dr. Wanda Bigham, Senior Consultant, at email@example.com or call 334-425-6865 to discuss the position and the requirements. The position profile can be found at http://www.academic-search.com/data/files/CotteyVPEMProfile.pdf and more information about Cottey College can be found www.cottey.edu.
The position is currently open and is expected to be filled by July 1, 2014. To assure full consideration, applications should be sent electronically in Word format to CotteyVPEM@academic-search.com by February 28, 2014. Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the qualifications and attributes described above, a curriculum vitae, and a list of five professional references with contact information, including telephone and email. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate.
Click here for a detailed job description. EOE.
Leadership Faculty/Director of the Institute for Women’s Leadership and Social Responsibility
Cottey College, an independent liberal arts college for women, invites nominations and applications for a faculty position in Leadership with a half-time appointment as Director of the Institute for Women’s Leadership and Social Responsibility. Founded in 2010, the Institute is specifically related to three themes found in the mission of Cottey College: women’s leadership, social responsibility, and global awareness. The overarching function of the Institute is to provide leadership and vision in furthering the application of these themes to the educational experience at Cottey. As such, this position requires an energetic and collaborative individual who is a skilled communicator and who can actively engage faculty, staff, and students in the implementation of women’s leadership, social responsibility, and global awareness at Cottey.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate the academic leadership program and serve as a member of the team guiding co-curricular leadership initiatives at Cottey
- Teach leadership courses each semester, typically at the 3xx and 4xx level
- Develop and deliver programs in leadership for high school students, most likely to be offered during the summer
- Collaborate with the Director of the Washburn Center for Women’s Leadership to develop leadership programming for third and fourth year students
- Provide resources for faculty relating to the three themes of women’s leadership, social responsibility, and/or global awareness
- Brings speakers to campus connected to the three themes, after consulting with faculty/staff/students about topics, etc.
- Identifies conferences related to the three themes
- Provides support for potential presentations at the conferences
- Allocates a portion of travel funds to support faculty/student attendance/presentations at these conferences
- Develops and delivers workshops for faculty, with external presenters, on each of the three themes
- Provides support for faculty/staff/student research on topics related to the three themes
- Oversee and coordinate functioning of the Institute’s National Advisory Council
- Represent the institute to internal and external constituents, including faculty, students, staff, potential donors, P.E.O.s, alumnae, and friends of the college
- Work with the advancement office to procure external funding in support of specific initiatives of the Institute
- Manage the Institute budget
- Supervise the Institute secretarial assistant
- Maintain Cottey NCRW, AAUW, etc. memberships
- Other duties as assigned
A well-qualified applicant will possess the following:
- Doctoral degree in Leadership or closely related field with demonstrated knowledge of leadership theory, literature, and pedagogy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative approach to program development and delivery
- Previous teaching experience and at least two years of administrative experience
This is a full time, 12 month position. Anticipated start date is no later than July 1, 2014. Review of applications will begin February 10, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. To apply send cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts and names/numbers of three references to Dr. Cathryn Pridal, VPAA, Cottey College, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, Missouri 64772. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 417-448-1030; Phone 417-667-8181. Further information about Cottey College is available at www.cottey.edu. EOE.
Cottey College, a leading private liberal arts college for women, seeks a theatre generalist to apply for a full-time, tenure track position as Assistant Professor of Theatre and Technical Director for the Haidee and Allen Wild Center for the Arts, for Fall 2014. Desired qualifications include experience teaching at the collegiate level, and experience in all aspects of technical production, Ph.D. preferred, MFA or MA considered. Responsibilities include teaching courses in theatre, speech, technical theatre and design; directing two main stage plays as well as oversight and hands-on involvement of all technical operations of the Haidee and Allen Wild Center for the Arts, which houses a 500 seat Auditorium and a 150 seat Recital Hall. The candidate should demonstrate a strong interest in undergraduate education, teaching, and advising, and a desire to participate in the growth and development of the theatre program at Cottey. Review of applications begins January 13, 2014, and continues until the position is filled. Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and contact information for three references to Dr. Cathryn Pridal, VPAA, Cottey College, Nevada, MO 64772. E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: 417-667-8181. EOE.
Click here for a detailed job description.
Cottey College, a private liberal arts college for women, invites applications for a position as a full-time, tenure track, assistant/associate professor, beginning August 2014. The College is seeking an individual who is committed to teaching excellence in an undergraduate liberal arts institution. A doctorate in physics (ABD considered) is required and college teaching experience is preferred. Teaching responsibilities include general physics (lecture and lab) and general education courses such as Introductory Physics, Introductory Astronomy and/or College Algebra. Additional responsibilities include advising, college service, and professional development. Further information about Cottey is available at www.cottey.edu. Review of applications begins January 7, 2014, and continues until the position is filled. Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, brief statement of teaching philosophy, copies of transcripts, and contact information for three references to Dr. Cathryn Pridal, VPAA, Cottey College, Nevada, MO 64772. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 417-667-8181. EOE.
Coordinator of Academic Advising, Student Success Programming, and Disability Services
Cottey College, a leading private liberal arts college for women, seeks a full-time staff member to serve as the director of the academic advising and tutoring programs, coordinate student disability services, and coordinate and deliver student success initiatives such as an academic strategies course and a summer bridge program. This is a twelve-month position reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and working in collaboration with the faculty, the student life staff, and the career and transfer planning coordinator. The successful candidate will hold, at minimum, a baccalaureate degree with related experience, masters preferred. A detailed job description is available at www.cottey.edu/employment. Review of applications begins March 14, 2014, and continues until the position is filled. Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of unofficial transcripts and contact information for three references to Dr. Cathryn Pridal, VPAA, Cottey College, Nevada, MO 64772. E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: 417-667-8181. EOE
- Develops and implements a broadly focused student success program
- Organizes and provides oversight for a tutoring program modeled on the CRLA certification program
- Provides extra support for first generation students
- Provides a “Strategies” course for students or similar support focused on academic skills
- Collaborates on a summer bridge program, incl. ESL
- Assigns academic advisors and provides academic advising as needed
- Develops and implements processes necessary for successful advising and developmental advising initiatives
- Provides leadership for an advisor development, training, and evaluation
- Maintains current knowledge about federal guidelines for disability services
- Works with individual students to determine appropriate academic accommodations as needed
- Shares information with the campus regarding disability guidelines and student needs
- Works with individual faculty members to develop appropriate academic accommodations
- Other duties as assigned
Annual Fund and Alumnae Director
Cottey College seeks an annual fund and alumnae director. Fundraising experience plus computer skills and experience with relational databases. Bachelor’s degree required. Two years previous work experience in alumnae relations, marketing or fundraising. Interested candidates should send letter of application, resume, and three references to: Director of Human Resources, Cottey College, 1000 West Austin, Nevada, MO 64772. EOE
Click here for a detailed job description.
Head Tennis Coach
Cottey College is seeking a Head Tennis Coach. This is a part-time position. Duties include developing a yearly budget for the Tennis program, recruiting student-athletes, coaching tennis, and complying with the NJCAA rules and regulations. Requires a bachelor’s degree and three years coaching experience. Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and three references to Dave Ketterman, Athletic Director, Cottey College, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, MO, 64772. email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 417-667-8181 ext. 2237. EOE.
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Cottey College is seeking an Assistant Volleyball Coach. This is a part-time position for the Fall Semester 2014. Duties include practice planning and instruction, assisting in all games, home and away, scouting, recruiting, videotaping, compiling statistics, monitoring the laundering of uniforms and practice gear, supervising strength training and conditioning workouts, monitoring study halls and student academic progress, complying with the NJCAA rules and regulations, in addition to other assigned duties of the Head Volleyball Coach. Requires a bachelor’s degree, and three years coaching or collegiate playing experience. Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and three references to Dave Ketterman, Athletic Director, Cottey College, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, MO, 64772. email: email@example.com; phone: 417-667-8181 ext. 2237. EOE.
Full-time, 12 month position. Skilled and semiskilled work in maintenance and repair of general equipment, plumbing, communications, heating and cooling systems, security control and electrical distribution systems. Qualified applicants should have high school diploma or equivalent. Technical training in mechanical, electrical and communications systems or two years’ equivalent experience is required. Excellent benefits. Apply Main Hall. EOE