International students should apply for admission by December 31 to be considered for financial aid for the following academic year, but late applications are accepted. To be considered for international student financial aid, please fill out the CollegeBoard CSS Profile. Cottey’s CSS code is 6120. Once this is received, the student will need to complete the Certification of Finances Form.
The types of financial aid available to international students are need-based grants, scholarships, and campus employment. Cottey requires international applicants to contribute a minimum of $16,000 per year towards their educational costs. This minimum amount is subject to increase based on a review of the applicant’s CSS Profile. In addition, the student is also responsible for paying the transportation expenses and living expenses during breaks when the residence halls are closed (Christmas break, spring break, and summer).
The following forms provide additional assistance and information to international students:
The types of financial aid available to Canadian students are listed below, though not all students will qualify for all of these types of financial aid.
- P.E.O. Scholarship – available through Provincial Chapters of the P.E.O. Sisterhood
- Campus Employment – student will work part-time on campus and earn a paycheck
- Academic Scholarship – based on ACT/SAT score and high school GPA
- Athletic Scholarship – available in basketball, softball, volleyball, cross country/track, flag football, golf, esports
- Fine Arts Scholarship – available in art, dance, music, and theatre/speech
Cottey College accepts the Canadian dollar for payment of tuition, fees, room and board. After all scholarships and aid are applied, the remaining balance due on the student’s account can be paid in Canadian dollars and the College will award a Canadian Cottey Grant that will equal the amount of the conversion difference on the date the funds are deposited.