Faculty & Staff
Welcome to the Ross Library Faculty and Staff Resources page. This page offers access to copyright and fair use guidelines, instructions for requesting materials from MOBIUS and useful forms for library services: Interlibrary Loans, Display Requests, Order Requests, and Reserve Forms.
Copyright Information & Useful Forms
- Title: The copyright book : a practical guide / William S. Strong.
- Publication: Cambridge, Massachusetts : MIT Press, 
- Edition: Sixth Edition.
This book is available online in the library’s eBook collection. Access it here.
Copyright Law of the United States of America: This is the law.
Fair Use: Explanation of the general principles of “fair use”
Information Technology Policy [Library Version]: This version of the College policy includes a consent form for a parent to authorize a child to use computers in the library.
MOBIUS Books: How to request books from other MOBIUS libraries.
The library has two Reserve Collections:
Faculty Reserves: Each instructor has space to place items on reserve for their classes.
- Example item types: Books, Audiovisual materials (DVD, Bluray, VHS, CD), Articles, Practice Quizzes
- Items may be from the Library’s collection or personal copies directly from the faculty member.
- MOBIUS items cannot be placed on Reserve.
Textbook Reserves: Items in the Library’s collection that match items on the semester’s required textbook list are pulled and placed in this collection. NOTE: This collection is NOT a comprehensive collection of the semester’s required textbooks.
To Place Items on Reserve please follow these steps:
- Search the library catalog to determine if the item is available in the Library’s collection. If YES, please go to Step. 2. If NO, you have the option to submit a personal copy or request the purchase of the item using Faculty Allocation Funds. Please note that this option requires at least a two week turnaround. Use the Order Request Form above.
- Fill out the Reserves Form, with relevant information, for each title you are adding to Reserves. Blank copies are also available in the Library at the Front Desk and the Forms Display Shelf.
- Submit your completed forms to the Front Desk along with the items to be placed on Reserve.
- Please allow 3 business days for the items to be processed and placed on the Reserve Shelf.
- If you requested titles using your Faculty Allocation funds, please allow those titles to be received and catalogued fully, then follow the Reserves procedure above.
- Select Course Reserves in the Search Options sidebar on the right side of the screen
- Course Reserve listings are searchable by Course Name and Professor Name.
- Textbook Reserves is listed under course name: Ross Textbooks
Choice Reviews: Short reviews of new books and electronic resources for academic libraries
Technology Policy for family members who use computers in the Library: Individuals, who are not employed by Cottey, and who use Library computers are required to sign the policy in person and to sign in each time they enter the building. Normally, a child under 10 years must be accompanied by a parent. Cottey employees’ children who are under the age of 10 may be allowed in the Library if the parent is on campus. The decision about this privilege will be made on a “case-by-case” basis and may be revoked, depending on the child’s behavior while in the Library.