Library Response to COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the library resources while off-campus?
You will be asked to login with your Library Account credentials. You can access Your Library Account here: http://library.cottey.edu -> Select Access Library Account
- Enter your name and ID# as it appears on your Cottey ID/Keycard
- If you have any issues or are not able to login, email the library or call the library at 417-667-8181 x2153 and we will assist you.
How can I access library reserve materials?
Access to Library Materials
- We will make every effort to assist you with access to the library’s materials. Requests will be processed in the order they are received.
- Check with your professor to see if they will be providing your course materials
- Items cannot be physically shipped but we can scan portions of materials and email them to you (abiding by Fair Use / copyright guidelines)
- Access the lists of Items on Faculty Reserve and Textbook Reserve
- Please request the materials you need by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I access the databases, journals, and other resources?
Online Databases, Journals, and Resources
- Follow the remote access login instructions above.
- On-campus has open access to online resources via the library’s homepage.
- Need Help / Assistance?
- If you have questions or need assistance email the library or call the library at 417-667-8181 x2153. We are here to assist you.
How can I search the library discovery portal?
Searching Discover@Cottey portal: (available at http://library.cottey.edu)
Searching through this portal will search the library’s print collection, eBook collection, and all of the databases we subscribe to – IN A SINGLE SEARCH.
- Select Discover@Cottey via the library’s homepage.
- If Off-Campus you will need to login using your Library Account credentials.
- Using limiters allows to you limit by format (book, eBook, DVD, article), publication date, journal-title, and much more.
- Full text of eBooks and journal articles are available here.
- If you have questions or need assistance with this resource email the library or call the library at 417-667-8181 x2153. We are here to assist you.
How can I request full-text articles?
Requesting Articles via Interlibrary Loan and Discover@Cottey
- Article request and electronic delivery are AVAILABLE. We encourage you to use it.
- Instructions for requesting ILL articles are here:
- Articles can also be requested via the Discover@Cottey library search portal.
- If the full text of the article is not available, use this link to request the article:
How can I communicate with a librarian via chat or text?
Ask-A-Librarian Chat Service: (available at http://library.cottey.edu)
- Available during these times:
- Monday – Friday: 24 hours a day
- Saturday: 10am to 10pm
- Sunday: 10am to Mondays at 8am
- Text Chat is also available at this number: 417-986-2275
Can I request MOBIUS materials?
- Yes, MOBIUS requesting is currently available.
- From the Library’s homepage click the Search the MOBIUS Catalog link:
- Locate the item you need to request and click the Request It button
- Select MOBIUS – Cottey College from the drop-down menu and click Submit Above Information button.
- Enter your name and ID# as it appears on your keycard. Select Pickup Library: Cottey College and Pickup Location: Cottey College. Click the Submit button.
- You should receive a confirmation screen regarding your request.
- If you have any issues or are not able to request materials, email the library or call the library at 417-667-8181 x2153. We are here to assist you.
What do I do with library materials currently checked out to me?
What do you do with the library materials you have?
- If ON campus, return them via the library’s exterior dropbox or inside the library at the Circulation Desk. If you need the materials longer, keep them and they can be renewed through your library account. See instructions above.
- If OFF Campus, please contact the library for assistance. Email the library or call the library at 417-667-8181 x2153.
If my account was blocked / I owed fines prior to COVID19, do I still owe them and how can I pay?
Yes. Patrons are still responsible for all fines accrued prior to March 13, 2020. The library is in the process of automatically extending due dates and eliminating the generation of new fines from March 13 forward, so please be patient and proactive in contacting us if you receive a fine during the time we have been on an alternate schedule due to COVID19. Contact us with any questions about fines, renewals, or anything else related to your library account.