The Cottey Cares Committee is an all-College committee created to advance the goals of equity, diversity, inclusivity, and a campus climate that is welcoming to all persons at Cottey College, regardless of race, religion, national origin, socio-economic status, age, sexual orientation, gender, ability/disability, and ethnicity.
- Provide access to diversity education for all members of the Cottey community
- Benchmark Cottey’s policies and practices related to diversity and inclusion against comparable institutions’ policies annually
- Advise on and evaluate policies and practices related to the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Provide periodic review of the College’s statements related to diversity and inclusion to ensure that they are in keeping with the College’s mission
- Monitor College’s climate through surveys and assessment to ensure equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Provide an annual report to the Cottey community on its initiatives and agenda on the intranet
- Facilitate programming that promotes the understanding and respect of difference
- Through programming foster an atmosphere of mutual respect, collegiality, and acceptance of open dialogue among faculty, staff, and students.
- Ensure that constituents operate within the mission and core values of Cottey College including the following values:
Respect Difference by creating a climate of openness and appreciation of a diversity of ideas, perspectives, cultures, experiences, and contributions that comprise a multi-cultural society.
Broaden Global Perspectives by immersing students in new cultures and experiences, and enhancing their understanding of the interconnectedness of our global economy and cultural practices.
We’d Love to Hear From You