Cottey COVID-19 Statistics
|November 20||November 24|
|Number of student tests administered by Cottey/number positive (both entry and ongoing)||290/3||290/3|
|Number of active cases among Cottey students||2||1|
|Total students tested outside of Cottey Health Services/Vernon County (numbers reflect students who chose to get tested off campus and report results to Cottey)- in total since beginning of fall term- number tested/number positive||12/4||14/5|
|Number of active cases among Cottey employees (numbers reflect employees who get tested off campus and report results to Cottey)||1||2|
|Isolation/Quarantine Spaces on Campus/spaces in use||31/6*||31/3|
* five additional students are quarantined within other suites on campus
Definition of Statistics
Number of student tests administered by Cottey/number positive (both entry and ongoing)
- The number of COVID-19 tests administered to students by area medical personnel through Cottey’s testing program. These numbers include both initial entry testing of all students and ongoing symptomatic testing.
- The number of total positive tests over time.
Number of active cases among Cottey students
This number represents the current number of students who have received a positive result through Cottey’s testing program or who have disclosed a positive test result to Cottey Health Services personnel AND are actively engaged in health protocol.
Number of active cases among Cottey employees
This number represents the current number of employees who have disclosed a positive test result to Cottey Human Resources personnel AND are actively engaged in health protocol.
Isolation/Quarantine Spaces on Campus/spaces in use
- The number of bed spaces on campus set aside specifically for isolating and quarantining students.
- The number currently in use.
- Cottey must rely on commuter students and employees to inform the College about the results of tests they have received off campus.
- Isolation: Separating people who have been confirmed to have COVID-19 from those who do not have an active case of COVID-19.
- Quarantine: Separating and limiting the movement of people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 or who have demonstrated multiple symptoms associated with COVID-19.