Cottey College Luminary Chapter
Cottey College Luminary Chapters
A luminary is one who inspires others and lights the way for those who follow. Now, local chapters have an opportunity to earn the Cottey College Luminary Chapter designation, representing the light that leads to incredible futures.
Cottey College is a dynamic four-year independent liberal arts and sciences institution located in Nevada, Missouri. Founded in 1884 by Virginia Alice Cottey, it has been a part of the P.E.O. Sisterhood since 1927. Cottey is vision made reality for the education of women. With dedication to a challenging curriculum in a supportive environment, students imagine, believe, and achieve their incredible futures.
BECOME A LUMINARY CHAPTER
- A chapter that makes a lump sum contribution of $500 or more will be designated a Cottey College Luminary Chapter.
- To receive recognition, the chapter contribution must be received by Cottey College by January 31. Contributions may also be received by the s/p/d treasurer or paid assistant by January 31. Chapter checks are not to be sent directly to the Executive Office. (Exception: Hawaii chapters should send their contribution to the International Chapter Treasurer.)
- Individual contributions of $500 or more also allow a local chapter to receive recognition as a Cottey College Luminary Chapter, provided the donor specifies the chapter to be credited. To be considered a charitable donation, this contribution must be made payable to Cottey College and be sent to Cottey College. The deadline for these designated gifts is January 31.
- Chapters designated as Cottey College Luminary Chapters will receive a certificate at their s/p/d convention. Chapters in Hawaii will receive Luminary Chapter materials directly.
- Chapters designated as Cottey College Luminary Chapters will be listed as Luminary Chapters on the Cottey College website. They will also be listed on the Cottey College pages of the International Chapter website.
- Luminary Chapters will be featured in s/p/d displays, newsletters, emails, and other promotions with the assistance of s/p/d Cottey College Chairmen.