Visit High Schools
- Talk to science teachers, music teachers and athletic coaches about opportunities at Cottey and leave materials. Cottey offers scholarships in all these areas for incoming students.
- Visit dance teachers at their studios and tell them of opportunities at Cottey.
- Visit guidance counselors and leave updated materials.
- Order materials to take to teachers and counselors by completing an online order form.
Attend High School Events
Attend activities at your local high school as a “scout” for Cottey:
- Basketball, volleyball and softball games – Cottey offers these three sports in its intercollegiate sports program. Talk with the coaches and players, teachers and students about Cottey College.
- Choir or band concerts – Cottey offers free vocal and instrumental music lessons to any student enrolled at Cottey. This is valued at $1,500 per year.
- Dance performances – Cottey offers dance classes for all levels of experience.
Represent Cottey College at Your Local College Fair
Contact your local high school guidance counselor and ask if the school attends or hosts a college fair. College fairs are a great way to expose prospective students and their parents to Cottey College. Order college fair materials by completing an online order form.
Submit Names to Enrollment Management
Where can you find young women, or parents of young women, to refer to Cottey? Your church, neighborhood, work, volunteer and community organizations, or even your own family. Submit names electronically using our online form.
Host a Student Gathering
Invite young women from local high schools, churches, or youth organizations and their parents to learn about Cottey College. [Here are tips for organizing a student gathering.]
Bring Prospective Students to Cottey – Seeing is Believing
Students who visit Cottey are more likely to enroll! Cottey has several opportunities for prospective students to visit:
- “C” for Yourself Weekends are scheduled in the fall and spring
- Personal visits can be arranged
- Bus tours for prospective students organized by P.E.O.s
Contact the office of enrollment management at 1-888-5-COTTEY (888-526-8839) for “C” for Yourself dates and to register, to set up personal visits, or to arrange bus tours.
Now That You Have Identified Young Women in Your Area, What Do You Do?
- Send her a note – Contact the student by letter or email to introduce yourself and let her know you are available to answer questions about Cottey College.
- Keep in contact – Check back with the student periodically. Encourage her to take the next step to attend Cottey College. Has she visited campus? Has she completed her application?
- Contact the College with any questions
Office of P.E.O. Relations
Office of Enrollment Management
We’d Love to Hear From You