Board Member Expectations
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
EXPECTATIONS OF CCAA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Board Members Are Expected To:
Prepare for, attend and participate fully in regularly scheduled board meetings and monthly conference calls. The commitment includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the fall and a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the spring. Members who miss two consecutive board meetings may be subject to dismissal.
- Make an ongoing annual gift that demonstrates continued financial commitment to Cottey and sets an example for other alumnae.
- Serve a 2-year term
- May serve two additional 2-year terms for a total service of six years
- Serve actively on board committees and task forces (some of which are Candidate Selection, Class Agent, Regional Groups, and Founder’s Day)
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate of the Alumnae Association and of Cottey College in one’s community.
- Identify and cultivate alumnae to assist Cottey in student recruitment, internships, transfer and career guidance and financial support
Nominate a CCAA Executive Board Members
If you are interested in becoming a CCAA Executive Board member or know someone who would be a good candidate, please submit your nomination here. Please remember that each nomination must provide supporting material as to why the nominee would be a good candidate for the Board.