Cottey Emergency Notification System
Cottey is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for students, faculty, and staff. The primary use of your contact information will be for campus emergency notifications. To receive notifications by an automated phone call or text message, you must enroll in Cottey’s Emergency Notification system.
Cottey College utilizes SchoolMessenger to deliver the college’s Emergency Notification System voice messages, emails and text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about safety alerts and hazardous weather*
You can enable your previously enrolled cellphone number for this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to Cottey’s short code number, 67587. If you haven’t provided the college a cellphone number for emergency notifications, you’ll need to do that first at this web address.
You can also opt out of these messages at any time by simply replying to one of our messages with “Stop“.
SchoolMessenger is compliant with the Student Privacy Pledge
Just send “Y” or “Yes” to 67587
Caller ID: The Call ID will display 417-667-8181, which is the main number for Cottey College.
Live Answer: There is a short pause at the beginning of the message, usually a few seconds. Answer your phone as you normally would; “hello” and hold for the message to begin. Multiple “hellos” will delay the message. Inform all family members who may answer your phone of this process.
Answering Machine: The system will detect that your machine has answered and will play the recording to your machine. The phone will ring for up to 40 seconds. Make sure that your machine answers after four rings or you may miss the message.
Message Repeat: At the end of the message you will be prompted to ‘press any key’ to hear the message again. This is very helpful when a child answers the phone and hands it to a parent, who can then ‘repeat’ the message in its entirety.
Main Switchboard Telephone: (417) 667-8181
Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
If you are unable to contact your student in an emergency situation, you may try these people.
• P.E.O. Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3001
• P.E.O. Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3050, cellphone: (417) 448-9787
• Reeves Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4001
• Reeves Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4050, cellphone: (417) 448-4168
• Robertson Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5001
• Robertson Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5050, cellphone: (417) 684-5555
• Blaklee Sanders, Dir. of Housing, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5050, cellphone: (417) 684-0182
• Dr. Landon Adams, Vice President for Student Life, (417) 667-6333 ext. 2126
• Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
We’d Love to Hear From You