Cottey College welcomes applications from qualified international students and advises prospective students to communicate with the Office of Enrollment Management at least six months in advance of their proposed entrance. There is a limited amount of financial aid available for international students, so if financial aid is needed, this fact should be made clear in initial correspondence. The decision to admit international students is based on a thorough review of the application and supporting materials International applicants need to submit:
3. Complete the CSS Profile. Cottey’s CSS code is 6120.
5. Certified records of external examinations.
A. Students whose first language is not English must furnish Cottey College with official scores from one of the following tests:
- TOEFL – at least 68 overall score minimum (17 for all subscores)
- Duolingo English Test Minimum score: 95
The Duolingo English Test is an online English profiicency test that can be taken online, on-demand,
in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency
score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Cottey College when you send your
results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- IELTS – 5.5 overall band score minimum
- EIKEN (Jitsuyo Eigo Gino Kentei in Japan) – Pre-1 Grade minimum
- PTE (Pearson English Test); Minimum Score: 47
If you are an international student, but also a transfer student who has studied at another institution in the US, you will use the international student application above. Please also see Transfer Applicants for information on how your US credits will transfer and other information specific to transfer students.