Cottey College welcomes applications from qualified international students and advises prospective students to communicate with the Office of Enrollment Management at least six months in advance of their proposed entrance.
There is a limited amount of financial aid available for international students, so if financial aid is needed, this fact should be made clear in initial correspondence. The decision to admit international students is based on a thorough review of the application and supporting materials International applicants* need to submit:
- Online Application
- Complete the Certification of Finances.
- Secondary School Transcripts* – Course by course evaluation completed by a member of the Cottey College enrollment staff. A GPA equivalent to at least 2.6 is required for admission.
- Certified records of external examinations. Students whose first language is not English must provide Cottey College with official scores from one of the following tests:
- TOEFL – at least 68 overall score minimum (17 for all subscores)
- IELTS – 5.5 overall band score minimum
- EIKEN (Jitsuyo Eigo Gino Kentei in Japan) – Pre-1 Grade minimum
- PTE (Pearson English Test); Minimum Score: 4
- Duolingo English Test Minimum score: 95.
- The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Cottey College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- Provide Cottey College with a hi-resolution photo copy of your passport. This can be completed by emailing it to email@example.com.
Once items 1 – 5 are completed, Cottey College will either accept or deny the student based on their qualifications.
Once accepted, the student must pay a non-refundable tuition deposit to Cottey College, to secure their place on campus.
Steps After Deposit
Following the deposit payment, Cottey College will issue an I-20 to the student. The student will then schedule an F-1 visa appointment utilizing said I-20.
All health requirements must be completed by August 1 (for students beginning in the fall term) or December 1 (for students beginning in the spring term) or else Cottey College will revoke the student’s I-20.