Opening Convocation Livestream

Watch the 139th Opening of the College ceremony live. Saturday, August 20 at 7 p.m.


Learn More

Work on Campus


Federal Work Study (FWS) and Campus Employment (CE)

FWS or CE is a need-based award for up to $3,250 per year for part-time employment in on-campus facilities, such as the library, science labs, computer labs, the dining room, and residence hall reception desks. Both CE and FWS are need-based, so domestic students must have a FAFSA on file. RAs or Resident Assistants are paid a monthly stipend totaling $4,400 for the year.

Employment during the academic year and over the summer can provide financial resources to help students meet college costs. Research shows that students who work a modest number of hours per week during the academic year (10-15 hours) are more likely to graduate and have a higher grade point average.

FWS and campus employment programs offer students the opportunity to work on campus. Students may earn up to the amount listed on the aid offer. Actual earnings will depend on the number of hours the student works. Students are paid at least minimum wage. Missouri Minimum wage is $11.15/hr. through 2023 and will increase to $12.00/hr. in 2023. Students that work in Dining Services are paid an extra $0.25 an hour!

FWS and campus employment awards will NOT be deducted from the student’s bill because students will be paid directly (twice per month) and can use earnings for any indirect educational costs (books, personal, or transportation expenses). The preferred method of payment on campus is direct deposit.

If FWS or campus employment is included in a financial aid package, an employment application must be completed. CE and FWS eligible students can apply for open positions on the Finances tab of MyCottey. Application information is used to make job assignments for new students who will be notified of positions in late summer. All first-year students who will be working on campus will complete employment paperwork during a session at Orientation. Employment paperwork includes the Form I-9, a Missouri State W-4, and a Federal W-4. As part of completing the I-9 form, we are required to examine certain documents, which could include the student’s driver’s license, Cottey ID, social security card, U.S. Passport, birth certificate, etc.