WANT TO WIN A $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE COTTEY SPIRIT SHOP?
2022-2023 STUDENT REFERRAL CHALLENGE
WHAT: For each prospective student you refer to Cottey, you’ll be entered in a drawing to win a $100 gift certificate to the Cottey Spirit Shop! The more referrals you submit, the more chances you have to win.
WHO: The students must be in the 9th grade or higher during the current academic year, and express a genuine interest in learning more about Cottey.
HOW: Submit your referrals online: www.cottey.edu/referstudent and be sure to include your class year.
WHEN: The contest runs from Founder’s to Founder’s, and will close on March 31, 2023. The winner will be announced at the homecoming celebration during Founder’s Weekend, and on Facebook.
WHY: Because Cottey needs to grow! Alumnae referrals are proven to yield more students who visit campus, and ultimately, those students are much more likely to attend Cottey. Submitting a name is great, but inviting a student to visit Cottey is even better!! You get her to campus, and Cottey will do the rest! To help a prospective student schedule a visit, click on the link: www.cottey.edu/visit.
BONUS: The Cottey class with the most referrals will receive the Golden Duck Award!
~ Congratulations to Liz Jost, Class of 1997 – winner of the 2021-2022 Referral Challenge and the $100 gift certificate! ~
~Congratulations to the Class of 1990, winner of the Golden Duck! ~
Tips for referring a prospective student to Cottey:
- Talk about Cottey to every young woman you can think of. Reach out to others who know young women.
- When you talk about Cottey, focus on the education and experiences you gained while on campus, rather than specific courses or traditions. Remember, Cottey is evolving, just like students of today.
- Contact alumnae friends who have contact with high school teachers.
- Where else can young women be found making decisions about college? Ask your local high school counselor’s office if you can visit and meet with students.
- Cottey has everything you need to promote student referrals, and can send you the materials. Go to: cottey.edu/promote-cottey.
- Work with your class agent to promote your classmates to make student referrals. This includes adding information and tips about the process in your class letter.
- Through calls and emails, encourage your classmates to participate in the CCAA referral challenge or consider starting your own class challenge.
- Post details about student referrals on your class social media pages.
- Referring a student to Cottey is one of the greatest gifts you can give to our dear Cottey C. Supporting our beloved college serves future generations of women who will make an impact on our world. Let’s fill the halls with fresh young minds and the leaders of tomorrow! Thank you for all you do for Cottey.
417-667-8181 ext. 2122