State Resources for P.E.O.s
Adopt-A-Suite and Adopt-A-Student Programs
The adopt-a-student/suite program is coordinated by the individual state/district/provincial Cottey committees. The Office of P.E.O. Relations and the Student Life Offices at Cottey do not have information regarding the assigning of students and suites. All questions regarding these programs should be addressed to the state Cottey chairmen or advisors. Please note: the College does not maintain records of which students/suites are sponsored more heavily than others.
Meet a current student who was recently adopted by a chapter in Texas.
Chapter Resources for P.E.O.s
How to Give to and Support Your Student
Care Packages and Cottey Cash have been suspended to the end of the semester.
“How can I help” or “What can I do”
State Cottey Committee Chairmen and Advisors
You will be able to find your state/district/provincial Cottey Chairmen and Advisor information on your state/district/provincial website.
Suggested P.E.O. Scholarship Timeline
Thank you for all you do to help make a Cottey education affordable for our students. We recognize that each S/P/D has their own way of deciding and distributing scholarship funds and are very grateful for your efforts. Listed below are a few suggestions to help align your award schedule with the timeframe in which students receive financial aid information from the colleges they are considering. We hope this information will be helpful to you as you perform your volunteer duties.
If you are responsible for awarding P.E.O. scholarships to Cottey students, this information is for you even if you don’t have the title of Scholarship Chairman. If you have questions, please contact the Cottey financial aid office at 417-667-8181 ext. 2190 or by email at email@example.com.
- November to January – distribute scholarship applications for following academic year.
- February – review submitted applications and make award decisions.
- March 1 (or as soon as possible) – email the Cottey financial aid office the scholarship award winners. Please include student names and scholarship amounts. It may be helpful to include a spreadsheet if scholarships are coming from multiple funds/sources.
- April to August – email the Cottey financial aid office if there are any changes to the original scholarship awards. Complete all of the necessary steps to request funds, especially funds held at P.E.O. Foundation. Case history forms must be submitted electronically to the Foundation. Questions? Call the Foundation at 515-255-3153.
Authorizing Disbursement of Scholarship Funds:
- Late August for fall semester AND early January for spring semester – authorize disbursement of scholarship funds to Cottey.
- For funds held by State Chapter – contact the treasurer/appropriate officer in your state to have funds disbursed to Cottey. To verify enrollment of students, contact the financial aid office. Checks should be made payable to Cottey College and sent to the financial aid office with a listing of student names and amounts so the funds can be applied correctly.
- For funds held at P.E.O. Foundation – the Foundation will verify enrollment of the students directly with Cottey prior to disbursement.