Transfer students are welcome at Cottey College, and the College will make every effort to see that all transferable credit is accepted. Final determination of transfer credits to be accepted is made by the registrar, subject to approval by the vice president for academic affairs in consultation with the appropriate faculty. Transfer work from other institutions will not be officially credited to the Cottey College record until the student has enrolled at Cottey College. Official transcripts must be received directly from all colleges and universities attended (Attention: Registrar). Credits may be accepted for transfer if these criteria are met:
- The institution at which the credits were earned is accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Credit hours taken at another institution may be transferred to Cottey only if the grade earned is a C or above. Courses from another institution in which a grade of “C-” or lower was earned are not acceptable for transfer credit.
- Credits earned while enrolled in high school (dual enrollment) may be accepted in transfer and may be used for fulfilling degree requirements. However, a student who wishes to transfer College Writing courses must meet the following guidelines:
- To receive transfer equivalency for Cottey’s ENG101 College Writing 1, a student must also present a score of 25 or higher on the ACT English Test or a score of 570 or higher on the Writing portion of the SAT Reasoning Test. If the class was taken on a college campus, then an official letter from the college or university confirming that the course was taught on its campus.
- To receive transfer equivalency for Cottey’s ENG102 College Writing 2, a student must document that the course was completed after completion of the high school diploma or on a college campus. This requires an official letter from the college or university confirming that the course was taught on its campus.
- To appeal transfer of College Writing courses, a student should complete a petition request and submit the course syllabus and all graded writing assignments to the Office of Academic Records by October 1. The petition and any attachments will be forwarded to the English department for evaluation.
Credit is transferred on a course-by-course basis, when the subject matter applies to Cottey’s degree programs. In some cases courses with subjects that do not match the curriculum for the degree may be transferred as elective credit.
Transfer credits accepted by Cottey College are not calculated in the student’s Cottey College grade point average (GPA). Cottey College awards credits in semester credit hours. Quarter hours will be converted into semester credit hours at the rate of two-thirds of a semester credit hour per quarter hour.
We’d Love to Hear From You