Summer Leadership Internship Funding Process
- Funds will be made available to students who have declared a baccalaureate major to focus on an in-depth exploration of leadership from within a community, governmental, political, or non-profit organization. Students are expected to take initiative and develop the internship site, in consultation with faculty and Kolderie Center staff. Students may receive academic credit for the course by working with a faculty sponsor. Grant funds may not be used to cover tuition costs.
- Students must complete requirements for Cottey College’s internships program prior to beginning the internship.
- Students who have declared a baccalaureate major and have at least a 3.0 GPA are eligible to apply for funding.
NOTE: Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement may apply, but must provide a justification of why their application should be considered.
- Applications will be prioritized by merit and the quality of the application. A rubric will guide evaluation that addresses overall depth, forethought, quality and strength of individual application sections.
- The application must make clear connections to two of the three Institute’s themes of Women’s Leadership, Social Responsibility and Global Awareness.
- Funding decisions will be made by the Leadership Team, a committee composed of students, faculty, and administrative staff. Faculty and student members of the Leadership Team are appointed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Semester Internship Application Due Selection Decision Funds Available Summer February March $4,000
- Funding amounts: $1,000 available for internships in North America; $2,000 available for internships abroad.
- Students will present to the campus upon return and complete a one-page summary form (submitted to the Serenbetz Institute).
Curious what applications should look like? Below is a sample that has been funded previously.
Payments from Cottey College to students may be considered taxable income.
We’d Love to Hear From You