Opening Convocation Livestream

Watch the 139th Opening of the College ceremony live. Saturday, August 20 at 7 p.m.

Convocation

Learn More

Beth Hammock Hired as Head of Marketing

Date Posted: January 30, 2019 Author: Steve Reed

Cottey College is pleased to announce the hiring of Beth Hammock to fill the position of executive director of marketing and communication.

Beth Hammock, executive director of marketing and communication

Beth Hammock

Hammock started her career as a TV news producer, working for three years in Savannah, Georgia, then eight years at WDAF-TV in Kansas City. She began working in public relations and marketing in 1999 at the Kansas City School District. She moved into higher education in 2005, when she went to work for her alma mater, the University of Missouri, as director of development communications. In 2010, she moved to Montana to serve as vice president, strategic communications and marketing for the University of Montana Foundation. She returned to the Kansas City area in 2014 where she was editor of Daily Word magazine and later a development consultant for the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Prior to her arrival at Cottey, Hammock owned a digital marketing agency, Show-Me Digital, and a development consulting firm, Beth Hammock Philanthropy.

Hammock received a Bachelor of Journalism degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.

“I am focused on helping Cottey attract more students and increase philanthropic support,” said Hammock. “My first goals are improving our digital assets—the website and social media—to better catch the attention of prospective students. I also am getting to know everyone and keeping my eye out for great news stories.”

Hammock is pleased to join the Cottey College staff. “The commitment of Cottey College to outstanding women’s education appeals to me a lot,” she said. “I like being part of changing lives, and I believe I will be able to do that in this position. I will help attract the women who will benefit from what Cottey has to offer.”

Hammock began her duties at Cottey College on January 7.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column]
[/et_pb_row]
[/et_pb_section]

Steve Reed

About the author

Steve Reed